Teacher Appreciation Week (May 8th - 12th) Please help us celebrate our teachers and all of the hard work and care that they put into your child’s day. We know that they do their best to make your child’s time fun and stimulating, and we want to give you and your child a chance to acknowledge that. Feel free to participate as little or as much as you want – below are some suggestions for possible gift ideas.
- Monday’s theme is Flowers (bulbs, cut flowers, seeds, flower art, etc.)
- Tuesday’s theme is Relaxation (candles, body spray, face masks, soap, massages, etc.)
- Wednesday’s theme is Sweets and Treats (you could bake a treat or bring in a favorite snack for your child’s teacher to enjoy)
- Thursday’s theme is Cards and Photos (you could have your child draw a picture, write a note, or include a photo thanking their teacher)
- Friday’s theme is a Special Luncheon - Amy's Mom (Grasshopper) has kindly offered to coordinate this Lunch. You should have a flyer in your child's cubby with all of the information. Please contact her if you would like to donate for the lunch.
Parent Teacher Conferences - Thank you to all the parents who participated. If you missed coming in, please let us know if you are still interested in scheduling either a sit-down or phone-in conference. If you chose not to participate, you will need to fill out a "Conference Waiver" form that will be placed in your child's cubby.
Virginia Department of Social Services Mandated Inspections - The Fairfax County Office for Children conducts multiple site visits over the course of a year to make sure that we are maintaining all regulations and standards. Our most recent unannounced visit occurred on Thursday, April 12th. The Inspector spent a total of 2.5 hours conducting a thorough inspection of facilities, records, and most importantly the staff's interaction and overall care of children. We are very pleased to report that there were no major violations found and the Inspector was pleased with the activities and interaction he witnessed from the teachers and children. We encourage parents to read the full report which are posted on the Information Boards in both houses. All past Inspection reports can be accessed online through the VDSS website.
Immunization Records - Please make sure that your child's medical records are up to date - most Immunizations occur at the 6-, 12-, 15-, 18-month and 4-year Well Visits. If you have an appointment scheduled for one of these ages, please ask the Front Desk for your Medical "School Entrance" form to take with you OR ask the Pediatrician's office to print out a copy of your child's Immunization History.
Potomac Vegetable Farm CSA - For those who expressed interest, please go to the farm's website here to set up your Share by THIS Friday, May 5th. For delivery location, click on Your Child's Place. Registration is open to all YCP families, so there is still time for additional families to join.
Supplies Needed by this Friday, May 5th
- Dragonfly Class needs a photo of your Child.
- Froggy Class needs a photo of Mommy & Child.
- Flower Class needs a photo of Mommy & Child.
- Ladybug Class needs a photo of your child (Show & Tell for May 9th is a photo of Mommy and Child - Ms. Alina would like to keep that photo for a Mother's Day project, please indicate on the back of the photo if you want the photo returned earlier.)
Teddy Bear Portraits are scheduled for Spring and Graduate portraits on May 23rd (Infant, Dragonfly, Froggy, and Flower rooms and Siblings) and May 24th (Bumble Bee, Ladybug, Grasshopper.) Family portraits may be scheduled with advance notice. Viewings of the completed portraits will be the same day from 4-6pm in the Dragonfly Room.
We will be closed on Monday, May 29th for Memorial Day.