All of the teachers wanted to express their sincere appreciation for all of the heartfelt wishes, cards, gifts, and lunches they received during Teacher Appreciation Week. Thank you all for your generosity!
Preschool Graduation is set for Friday, June 16th for Graduates and Families only. The program will begin at 10:30 am sharp and end promptly at 11:30 am (please arrive no earlier than 10:15 am.) Light refreshments will be served and we welcome siblings, grandparents, and all other extended family - RSVP with total number of guests by Friday, June 9th. Please limit the amount of cars to no more than two (2) per family.
Extra Clothes - Now is a good time to switch out extra clothes in your child's cubby to warm weather attire. Infants need 4-5 extra sets of clothes, Toddlers need 2-3 sets of clothes, Older kids need 1-2 sets of clothes. Please check your child's cubby at the end of every week to make sure that they have enough extra clothing.
Summer Program - The YCP Academic Year will end on June 16th and the Summer Program will begin on Monday, June 26th. Activities will be structured around summer themes and will focus on children playing and have fun. Some academic lessons will continue so that children do not backtrack before entering their new classrooms in the Fall. We will not post Weekly Activities, but our Thematic Activity Calendars will still be available every month. A few details about the program:
- An Activity Fee of $35 for a single child, $60 for siblings is due by Monday, June 19th and goes towards supplies, special events, and performances - This fee does not apply to Infant Room, Graduating & Returning Grasshoppers (who have already registered.)
- Our "In-House Field Trips" are scheduled on most Fridays. Parents are welcome to attend these events, please look for these in the Monthly Calendars and let us know if you would like to come.
- There will be no Show & Tell for the Summer.
- "Splash Day" will occur one day a week where children will have Water Activities. Please see below for details.
- Please refer to the Outdoor Play Policy for questions on appropriate clothing and Playground Time during Inclement Weather (including Code days.)
- Please refer to the Updated Ointment Policy for Outdoor Play. Make sure your child has Mosquito Repellent and Sunscreen for the summer. All ointments must have a current permission form on file, please submit if you have not done so already. Reminder: teachers expect children to come to school wearing sunscreen and will only apply sunscreen in the afternoon on an As Needed basis. Mosquito Repellent will only be applied in the Morning or Afternoon on an As needed Basis (unless otherwise discussed with Ms. Pashi.)
Splash Day - Little Kids (Dragonfly, Froggy, Flower) are every Tuesday & Thursday. Big Kids (Bumble Bees, Ladybugs, Grasshoppers) are every Wednesday & Friday. Please remember to have your children come to school already wearing their Bathing Suit with water shoes (crocs/water socks etc.) Bring a separate bag (shopping bag) packed with the following:
- Change of clothes, including underwear.
- Close-toed shoes, including socks.
- A towel
- A Swim Diaper - Please have your child arrive in a regular diaper/pull-up and we will change them into their Swim Diaper before the activity.
You do not need to apply sunscreen to your child on Splash Day as the porch area is covered. Teachers will apply sunscreen before going to the playground on that day. For all other days, please apply sunscreen to your child before bringing them in. Teachers will apply sunscreen/mosquito repellent in the afternoon, if needed.
CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) - There is still time to sign up! YCP will receive its first Farm Delivery on Wednesday, June 7th. If you would like to participate, you can still register here.
Froggy Room needs a picture of Daddy & Child by Friday, June 9th.
Show & Tell - There will be no Show & Tell for the month of June through the end of August.
June Activity Calendars and Lunch Menu are now posted online.