Halloween - We are very excited for the first Holiday of the Season! A few reminders:
- Please bring a Small/Medium Pumpkin for your child to decorate no later than Monday, October 23rd.
- Halloween Party (kids-only) will be on Tuesday, October 31st. Little Kids (including Infants) in the morning and Big Kids in the afternoon.
- Please bring your child's costume in a separate bag - teachers will change your child into their costume just before the party.
- We welcome Snack Donations for the parties - please look for Snack Sign-Up Sheets, remember no candy. nuts, or juices are allowed.
- YCP will close promptly at 5pm on Tuesday, October 31st.
- Please email email@example.com if you would like pictures of your children from the Halloween Party sent to you.
Federal Holiday Policy - YCP will remain open on a select number of Federal Holidays so that we may close for an equal amount of days over the Winter Holiday Break. Full Tuition applies during the Winter Break. And a reminder that if an Emergency Closing (like snow) falls on a Federal Holiday where YCP is open, all Closings/Late Procedures will be at the discretion of the Director.
Volunteer Readers - The Grasshopper Class is looking for family volunteers to come in once a month (or more depending on interest) to read to the Class. Books will be provided and we ask that you read no more than two books. Scheduled times will be on Fridays and can be either at 9:30am or 12noon. We will place a sign-up sheet near the Communication Log - Parents, Grandparents, Aunts/Uncles are all welcome to participate. Shhh, we want this to be a surprise for the class, so don't tell them if you have signed up.
Extra Clothes - Please begin to switch out your child's extra clothes to Cold Weather items - pants, long-sleeve shirts, socks, etc. Please make sure your child has a light jacket/sweatshirt to wear at the playground - our playground is shaded and can be a bit cooler during Morning Recess.
Parent Teacher Conferences - Fall Evaluations/Conferences will be scheduled for Monday, November 6th - Friday, November 17th. Conferences will be scheduled in the afternoon hours from 1:30-3pm in 15-minute increments. Grasshopper conferences will be scheduled in 30-minute increments. If you are not able to make it into school at this time, we strongly encourage you to sign-up for a Call-In conference. No Infant Room Conferences.
Facebook Group - Parents who are on Facebook are invited to join the "YCP Parents" page as a way to connect with and get to know the YCP Parent community. The group is hoping to grow the online community into a space to share ideas and resources for new parents as well as a go-to spot for sharing Lost & Found items, viewing the calendars, etc. This page is administrated and maintained by parents (Shannon Clements--alum and Flower parent, and Alison French--alum and Grasshopper parent) and not affiliated with the school directly.
October Monthly Activity Calendars and Lunch Menu are now posted online.
We will be OPEN Monday, October 9th for Columbus Day.
Fall Parent-Teacher Conferences will be scheduled for Monday, November 6th - Friday, November 17th.