Teacher Appreciation Week (May 2nd - 6th) Please help us celebrate our teachers and all of the hard work and care that they put into your child’s day. We know that they do their best to make your child’s time fun and stimulating, and we want to give you and your child a chance to acknowledge that. Feel free to participate as little or as much as you want – below are some suggestions for possible gift ideas.
- Monday’s theme is Flowers (bulbs, cut flowers, seeds, flower art, etc.)
- Tuesday’s theme is Relaxation (candles, body spray, face masks, soap, massages, etc.)
- Wednesday’s theme is Sweets and Treats (you could bake a treat or bring in a favorite snack for your child’s teacher to enjoy)
- Thursday’s theme is Cards and Photos (you could have your child draw a picture, write a note, or include a photo thanking their teacher)
- Friday’s theme is a Special Luncheon - Allison's Mom has kindly offered to coordinate this Lunch. Please contact her if you would like to donate for the lunch.
Parent Teacher Conferences - Thank you to all the parents who participated. If you missed coming in, please let us know if you are still interested in scheduling either a sit-down or phone-in conference. If you chose not to participate, you will need to fill out a "Conference Waiver" form that will be placed in your child's cubby. Please sign and return to the Center by Friday, May 13th.
Virginia Department of Social Services Mandated Inspections - The Fairfax County Office for Children conducts multiple site visits over the course of a year to make sure that we are maintaining all regulations and standards. Our most recent unannounced visit occurred on Thursday, April 28th. The Inspector spent a total of 3 hours conducting a thorough inspection of facilities, records, and most importantly the staff's interaction and overall care of children. We are very pleased to report that there were no major violations. We encourage parents to read the full report which are posted on the Information Boards in both houses. All past Inspection reports can be accessed online through the VDSS website.
Teachers were also found to be in compliance with their Yearly Training requirements. All Teachers are required to take a minimum of 16 hours of Early-Childhood Training every year and New Teachers must take an additional 24 hours during their first six months of working.
Teddy Bear Portraits are scheduled for Spring and Graduate portraits on May 10th and 11th. Family portraits may be scheduled with advance notice.
We will be closed on Monday, May 30th for Memorial Day.
Show & Tell is now listed in the Calendar portion of the website - click on the individual day to see what items your child needs to bring in.
May Monthly Activity Calendars and Lunch Menu are now posted online.