The Summer Program will begin on Monday, June 25th for the following classrooms:
- Bumble Bee
Activities will be structured around summer themes and will focus on children playing and have fun. Some academic lessons will continue so that children do not backtrack before entering their new classrooms in the Fall. We will not post Weekly Activities, but our Thematic Activity Calendars will still be available every month. A few details about the program:
- An Activity Fee of $35 for a single child, $60 for siblings is due by Monday, June 26th and goes towards supplies, special events, and performances - This fee does not apply to the Infant Room or the Graduating & Returning Grasshoppers who have already registered.
- Our "In-House Field Trips" are scheduled on most Fridays. Parents are welcome to attend these events, please look for these in the Monthly Calendars and let us know if you would like to come.
- There will be no Show & Tell for the Summer.
- "Splash Day" will occur twice a week where children will have Water Activities - See Below.
- Please refer to the Outdoor Play Policy for questions on appropriate clothing and Playground Time during Inclement Weather (including Code days.)
- Please refer to the Updated Ointment Policy for Outdoor Play. Make sure your child has Mosquito Repellent and Sunscreen for the summer. All ointments must have a current permission form on file, please submit if you have not done so already.
Reminder: teachers expect children to come to school wearing sunscreen and will only apply sunscreen in the afternoon on an As Needed basis. Mosquito Repellent will only be applied in the Morning or Afternoon on an As needed Basis (unless otherwise discussed with Ms. Pashi.)
Splash Day - twice a week
Little Kids (Froggy & Flower) will have Splash Day every Tuesday & Thursday.
Big Kids (Bumble Bees, Ladybugs, Grasshoppers) will have Splash Day every Monday & Wednesday.
Please remember to have your children:
- Come to school already wearing their Bathing Suit with water shoes (crocs/water socks etc.)
- Bring a separate waterproof bag (like a plastic shopping bag) packed with the following:
- Change of clothes to include underwear.
- Close-toed shoes to include socks.
- A medium-sized bath towel
- A Swim Diaper - Please have your child arrive in a regular diaper/pull-up and we will change them into their Swim Diaper before the activity.
- Label all clothes and swim items, including towel.
- Remember to remove wet swim items and allow them to fully dry before your child's next Splash Day.
Your child will NOT be able to participate in Splash Day if they do not have a bathing suit and towel.
Your child will NOT be able to play at the playground without proper close-toed footwear (no flip flops, crocs, sandals. etc.)