Preschool Graduation is set for Friday, June 15th for Graduates and Families only. The program will begin at 10:30 am sharp and end promptly at 11:30 am (please arrive no earlier than 10:15 am.) Light refreshments will be served and we welcome siblings, grandparents, and all other extended family - RSVP with total number of guests by Friday, June 8th. Please limit the amount of cars to no more than two (2) per family.
Extra Clothes - Now is a good time to switch out extra clothes in your child's cubby to warm weather attire. Infants need 4-5 extra sets of clothes, Toddlers need 2-3 sets of clothes, Older kids need 1-2 sets of clothes. Please check your child's cubby at the end of every week to make sure that they have enough extra clothing.
Summer Program - The YCP Academic Year will end on June 15th and the Summer Program will begin on Monday, June 25th. Activities will be structured around summer themes and will focus on children playing and have fun. Some academic lessons will continue so that children do not backtrack before entering their new classrooms in the Fall. We will not post Weekly Activities, but our Thematic Activity Calendars will still be available every month. A few details about the program:
- An Activity Fee of $35 for a single child, $60 for siblings is due by Monday, June 18th and goes towards supplies, special events, and performances - This fee does not apply to Infant Room or Graduating Grasshoppers (who have already registered.)
- Our "In-House Field Trips" are scheduled on most Fridays. Parents are welcome to attend these events, please look for these in the Monthly Calendars and let us know if you would like to come.
- There will be no Show & Tell for the Summer.
- "Splash Day" will occur one day a week where children will have Water Activities. Please see below for details.
- Please refer to the Outdoor Play Policy for questions on appropriate clothing and Playground Time during Inclement Weather (including Code days.)
- Please refer to the Updated Ointment Policy for Outdoor Play. Make sure your child has Mosquito Repellent and Sunscreen for the summer. All ointments must have a current permission form on file - new forms will placed in your child's cubby during the week of June 4th. Reminder: teachers expect children to come to school wearing sunscreen and will only apply sunscreen in the afternoon on an As Needed basis. Mosquito Repellent will only be applied in the Morning or Afternoon on an As needed Basis (unless otherwise discussed with Ms. Pashi.)
Show & Tell - There will be no Show & Tell for the month of June through the end of August.
June Activity Calendars and Lunch Menu are now posted online.